Application and Enrolment FAQs
Here are frequently asked questions for the current application and online enrolment process.
We are currently experiencing very high volumes of online application as we are using these pages to collect additional information from existing applicants. If you do not see a response when you click or tap the 'Next' button on each page, please try again in a few minutes.
I’ve already applied to a course. Why am I seeing ‘N-ENROL-20, 20/21 Enrolment Application, 20/21 (New City College)’ on the ‘My Courses’ page?
When I click or tap the ‘Next’ button, nothing happens
You should see the spinning ‘processing’ pop-up when you click or tap ‘Next’.
This means that the next page is loading. You may need to wait up to 30 seconds for this due to the current high volume of applications.
If you don’t see this pop-up, please check your internet connection (see ‘What else can I try?’ below).
The ‘Next’ button doesn’t take me to the next page / I’m stuck on the current page
Please first read ‘When I click or tap the ‘Next’ button, nothing happens’ above.
Some pages have information we need you to complete before you can move to the next page. Fields with bold headings, e.g. ‘Date Of Birth’, must be completed. If you click or tap the ‘Next’ button without filling these in, the fields will turn red and a list of information we need will appear at the bottom of the page.
Some information needs to be in a particular format, e.g. Mobile Number. If this is not met, a pop-up will appear on the field telling you what you need to do.
Can I save my online application and come back to it?
Sorry, this isn't possible. Please make sure you have a stable internet connection and enough time to complete the form in one go. This should not take longer than 10 minutes.
I don’t have my references or year 11 school report to hand and I’m not sure what is required. Can I still submit the online form? (I'm aged 16-18)
Since we need you to complete the form in one sitting, if you’re not sure what is needed please just complete the form. Don’t worry, you will discuss references with a member of our curriculum team during your Interview. To complete your enrolment, we will need to see a school reference or year 11 report. Please look in your emails or school portal for your most recent report and have this to hand when you speak to us or come to campus. Any attachments you send to us need to be under 4mb in size.
I can't upload my reference or school report (I'm aged 16-18)
Your document might be too large. Any attachments you send to us need to be under 4mb in size. If you are unable to upload your document, don't worry. Please keep it to hand and you can show it to us when you come to campus.
The link you sent me doesn’t work, will you re-send it?
The link we would re-send you would be the same as it's automatically generated from your previous application. If you are not able to complete your more detailed application form please see ‘When I click or tap the ‘Next’ button, nothing happens’, or email us describing any other issues you are having. It's useful to provide a screen shot or any error message you're receiving so that we can talk to our technical experts about any issue you have.
I’ve tried clicking refresh and the backward / forward browser buttons, and the page still doesn’t load
It’s best to avoid doing this as it can lose the data you have already provided. Please see ‘What else can I try?’ below.
Can I apply on my mobile?
Yes, though make sure you have a stable internet connection and enough uninterrupted time to complete the form. If you need to upload attachments to us, such as a school reference, it is best to have them pre-prepared as we can only accept files below 4MB in size. If you send us an image directly from your device’s camera it may be too large.
What else can I try ?
- Check at the bottom of each page to ensure there are no red highlighted warnings, e.g. ‘Please input your Date Of Birth’.
- Check for any formatting pop-up warnings, e.g. ‘Please match the format requested’ for an invalid Email Address.
- Unfortunately, many issues are down to a device briefly losing connection to our database, and these can be difficult to investigate. The best advice is often the simplest ‘wait a few minutes, then switch it on and off again’.
- If you need to email us, please attempt the following to help us investigate:
- Make sure your device can connect to other internet pages without issues.
- Try using an incognito or private browsing tab. This will reduce the impact of browser and cache history on the Application.
- Clear your browsing history’s cache.
- Close and reopen your browser.
- Wait 5-10 minutes as there may be a connection temporary issue.
- Restart your device.
- Ideally send up a screen snip of any errors you see, or of any pages on which you get stuck.
- Clicking the ‘Next’ or ‘Back’ buttons on the page multiple times.
- Refreshing the page multiple times.
- Using the browser’s ‘Back’ and ‘Forward’ navigation buttons.
- Doing something else and leaving any page idle, If possible.